Heading back to school with Hāpara Follow
There’s a lot going on at the beginning of a new school year, and we want to make sure that you and your staff head back to school on the right foot! To do this, we’ve put together a few announcements, reminders and suggestions that will ensure you are up and running before students walk through the school doors.
In this article
- Wrapping up from last school year
- A quick data loading checklist
- Hāpara updates for back to school
- Professional learning resources
Wrapping up from the last school year
At this point, the Hāpara Support team has processed and archived all of your student data from last year, cleaning up your Dashboard by removing last year’s classes. We have just a few post-archiving reminders.
- After archiving, teachers arriving back to school may not have access to classes in Hāpara Dashboard and Highlights until new classes are loaded.
- Previously synced Google Classroom classes are removed from visibility and are again available to sync to Hāpara as required.
- Hāpara Workspaces are always available directly by accessing https://workspace.teacherdashboard.com.
- If you are using Google Cloud Directory Sync, make sure the GCDS exclusions have been updated (New Year Suffix).
- If you’re using a firewall or web filter, please check that these Hāpara URLs have been added to the allowed URL list.
- Make sure that the Hāpara Marketplace app is still being granted OAuth data Access.
If you have any questions about archiving, please contact the Hāpara Support team
A quick data loading checklist
We’ve put together a quick checklist to make sure loading your data for the new school year goes smoothly.
Note: If you’ve made any changes to your student domain(s), please contact the Hāpara Implementation team so we can create a new instance.
If you’ve changed to a new teacher domain, you will only need to add the new teacher domain to Alternative Logins in the Hāpara Admin Console.
- Confirm that the Hāpara Marketplace app data access is "granted."
- Check that your Super Admin Access Grant for Hāpara is still valid by going to https://td-admin.appspot.com/((domain))?page=apps and clicking Test Super Administrator Access.
- If your school/district is planning to use SIS/SMS integration (Clever, PowerSchool, RICone or Classlink RosterServer) or cURL scripting, please make sure your new school year schedules are up-to-date before syncing the data into Hāpara. It’s good practice to run a Test Class Download to check what will be loaded into Hāpara before you click Sync Classes Now.
Feel free to contact email@example.com for help or more info if needed.
Hāpara updates for back to school
We've been working hard to make Highlights better than ever! The latest version of Highlights was recently released, giving you improved performance and giving us the ability to start adding some exciting new features in the near future.
While there are some minor visual updates to the new Highlights, overall it will look and function just like the Highlights you’re already using. Your teachers will be able to make the transition without any additional training or instruction.
We also recently released Hāpara Filter. If you would like to learn more about this powerful new AI web filter, please reach out to your Hāpara Regional Sales Manager.
Want to stay up to date all year long? We also recommend adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved address list for teachers in your domain. We regularly send updates and resources to teachers and admins, and this is the best way to make sure everyone is in-the-know on all things Hāpara!
Professional learning resources
Looking for materials to help teachers learn how to use Hāpara? Check out this Workspace!
Workspace is a tool used to compile online resources into one convenient platform. The Camp Hāpara Workspace compiles learning materials that cover the basics of each Hāpara tool for teachers and students. It can be used to facilitate Hāpara trainings or by individuals who want to learn more on their own.