Heading back to school with Hāpara Follow
There’s a lot going on at the beginning of a new school year, and we want to make sure that you and your staff head back to school on the right foot! To do this, we’ve put together a few announcements, reminders and suggestions that will ensure you are up and running before students walk through the school doors.
In this article
- Wrapping up from last school year
- A quick data loading checklist
- Hāpara updates for back to school
- Professional development resources
Wrapping up from the last school year
At this point, the Hāpara Support team has processed and archived all of your student data from last year, cleaning up your Dashboard by removing last year’s classes. We have just a few post-archiving reminders.
- After archiving, teachers arriving back to school may not have access to classes in Hāpara Dashboard and Highlights until new classes are loaded.
- Previously synced Google Classroom classes are removed from visibility and are again available to sync to Hāpara as required.
- Hāpara Workspaces are always available directly by accessing https://workspace.teacherdashboard.com.
- If you are using Google Cloud Directory Sync, make sure the GCDS exclusions have been updated (New Year Suffix).
- If you’re using a firewall or web filter, please check that these Hāpara URLs have been added to the allowed URL list.
- Make sure that the Hāpara Marketplace app is still being granted OAuth data Access.
If you have any questions about archiving, please contact the Hāpara Support team
A quick data loading checklist
Northern Hemisphere schools video guide:
Southern Hemisphere schools video guide:
We’ve put together a quick checklist to make sure loading your data for the new school year goes smoothly.
Note: If you’ve made any changes to your student domain(s), please contact the Hāpara Implementation team so we can create a new instance.
If you’ve changed to a new teacher domain, you will only need to add the new teacher domain to Alternative Logins in the Hāpara Admin Console.
- Confirm that the Hāpara Marketplace app data access is "granted."
- Check that your Super Admin Access Grant for Hāpara is still valid by going to https://td-admin.appspot.com/((domain))?page=apps and clicking Test Super Administrator Access.
- If your school/district is planning to use SIS/SMS integration (Clever, PowerSchool, or Classlink RosterServer) or cURL scripting, please make sure your new school year schedules are up-to-date before syncing the data into Hāpara. It’s good practice to run a Test Class Download to check what will be loaded into Hāpara before you click Sync Classes Now.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help or more info if needed.
Hāpara updates for back to school
We're always hard at work behind the scenes to make Hāpara better than ever for teachers and students. To stay up to date on our most recent releases, check out the Product Updates section of the Hāpara blog. We also recommend adding email@example.com to your approved address list for teachers in your domain. We regularly send updates and resources to teachers and admins, and this is the best way to make sure everyone is in the know on all things Hāpara!
Did you know that Hāpara now offers an AI web filter and student wellness tool designed for K-12 schools? Contact your Regional Sales Manager to see how it works.
Professional development resources
We provide a variety of professional development options to meet the needs of Hāpara educators and technical administrators.
- Hāpara Learning Bytes is the quickest way to learn new Hāpara skills to empower learners. These short asynchronous courses are designed to fit anyone’s schedule. You can complete each course in one sitting or over a period of time. Learn how the Hāpara Instructional Suite can support you and your students with tips and tricks that will save you hours of time!
- The Hāpara Champion Program takes a deep dive into learning how to get the most out of the Hāpara Instructional Suite and support a positive, student-centered classroom to deepen learning and engage students.
- The Hāpara Community is a space to learn more about using Hāpara in your classroom and to grow your teaching practice in the digital age. All Hāpara educators are welcome to join, ask questions, explore, and share their knowledge with other educators.
- Hipi-Palooza is an annual back-to-school professional development event highlighting innovative and creative practices in schools. Everything is prerecorded for use all year long! There are webinars, free resources, self-paced learning opportunities and more!