How to authenticate Hāpara with OAuth 2.0 Follow
In this Article
Why is this important?
Google requires that all third-party applications (like Hāpara) receive permission from a domain Super Administrator to allow functionality within a G Suite domain.
To grant these permissions, a Super Admin must add the Hāpara Dashboard app to the school's domain from the Google Apps Marketplace.
This article describes how super administrators can grant the required permission.
Note for multi-domain setups: For setups with teachers and students in completely different domains, you must perform these steps for each domain.
For setups with teachers or students in subdomains, you only need to perform these steps for your root domain.
- Log into Google Suite as a domain super-administrator.
- Browse to the Google Suite Domain Admin Console ( https://admin.google.com/ac/home).
- Click the Apps button.
- Click Manage on the G Suite Marketplace apps tile.
- Click the Add app to Domain Install button to open the G Suite Marketplace in a new tab.
- Type “Hapara” into the pop up window's Search Apps field, and hit enter.
- Click on Hapara Teacher Dashboard.
- Click the Domain Install button
- A “Domain wide install” window will appear. Click “Continue”.
- You will be asked to give Hapara Teacher Dashboard access to your domain’s data. After reading our terms of service, click the checkbox and click Allow.
- When you see the confirmation screen, click Done.
Remember: If teacher and student accounts are in different Google Suite domains, then you must do the steps listed above for each teacher and student domain.
That’s it! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a request.