New API scopes to enable better integration with Hāpara and Google Follow
During Hāpara setup, a Marketplace Application called Hāpara is installed on your Google domain.
This enables Hāpara to operate on your domain, working with Google applications and features such as Google Groups, Drive, Gmail as well as Chromebooks.
There are times you may need to re-authorize our application on your domain, this is usually after there has been a Google or Hāpara update. To re-auth the Hāpara app:
- Log into Google as a domain super-administrator.
- Browse to the Google Apps Admin Console (admin.google.com), and navigate to Apps => Marketplace apps.
- Click on the “Hapara Teacher Dashboard” application.
- It should now display the settings page for the application. In the “Data access” section, it should display “Approval Needed”. If it does not display “Approval Needed”, then you have already granted the required permission (this is likely to happen if you have installed the application into your domain very recently) - no further action is required.
- Click into the “Data access” section, then click into the “Grant data access” link.
Next check that Hāpara is saved as a trusted app:
Access Security > Access and data control > API controls.
Under App access control, click Manage Third-Party App Access.
- Hover over Hapara and click Change access on the right hand side.
If Hāpara doesn't show up as a Trusted app, you can search by App ID for '283337183316.apps.googleusercontent.com
- Leave the top-level organization unit selected. Or to apply to specific organizational units, click Select org units > Include organizations, then select specific organizational units.
- Click Next.
- Choose Trusted and click Next.
- Click Change access.
After completing the above, you should be good to go! For any questions or concerns, please submit a ticket to the Hāpara Support Team.