There are two ways to add learners to Groups, automatically or manually.
Quick start/Automatic Grouping:
Workspace has a quick start feature that automatically adds all the learners from a class to be automatically added to a group when the Workspace is created. If two classes are selected then a group will be created for each class.
If you would prefer to manually assign learners to groups, you can do so by:
- Selecting “I’ll create my own groups” when creating a Workspace:
- When in the Workspace, click into Students & Groups
- Click Create a new group:
- Add a name for your group and then click save. Note that this group name will be visible to learners in the group. You can also choose a color for the group, then click save.
- On the left-hand side of the page is a list of your classes and learners. You can drag and drop learners from this list on the left into groups on the right (or an entire class).
When a learner is in a group they will have an indicator showing how many groups they are in, and the group details below.
- Once you’ve created groups, when you go back to the Workspace, you will see the groups listed under the "Groups" heading.
- Clicking on the arrow will show all the learners in that group.