Navigating the Workspace homepage Follow
In this article:
Hāpara Workspace helps you curate all the online resources you need to create an interactive, meaningful learning experience for students. The Workspace homepage is organized so that you can easily manage and keep track of your Workspaces.
How the My Workspaces page is organized
Accessing the Workspace homepage
1. Log into Teacher Dashboard at https://app.hapara.com.
2. Click Workspace at the top.
3. You’ll then be taken to the homepage which shows you the My Workspaces page first.
My Workspaces left side menu categories
On the left side of the My Workspaces page, you’ll see a menu with categories. These categories organize all of your Workspaces so that you can quickly find what you’re looking for. Simply click on a category to view its Workspaces.
Owned by me: These are Workspaces you’ve started creating, have created or have copied.
Shared with me: These are Workspaces that aren’t linked to your classes, but you’ve been added as teacher/collaborator on them, which means you can edit them.
For example, your grade level team might be working on a Workspace together. If another teacher generated the Workspace from their account, they will add you and the rest of the team to the Workspace, and it will appear in this category.
My labels: If you have created custom labels Workspaces, they will be organized in this category by those labels.
Professional learning: If a Workspace is listed here, an administrator, instructional coach or other school leader has enrolled you as a student in the Workspace. These Workspaces are meant to boost your skills as an educator.
For example, if you have an instructional coach, they might create a Workspace for teachers about pedagogy or a new tool. They would create the Workspace and add teachers
as students. The Workspace would then appear in this category.
My classes: These are Workspaces that are organized by the class assigned to it. This category is important for any teachers who have more than one class or section.
Archived: In this category, Workspaces that you have archived will be listed. You can archive any Workspaces that students have finished in order to clear your other categories.
Other My Workspaces features
When viewing any category, you’ll see panels for each Workspace. These panels include several features to help you find Workspaces and manage learning.
Above the panels, at the top of the My Workspaces page, are additional features.
Opening a Workspace
Click on the title of the Workspace. > Once it opens, you’ll be able to make edits or check on students’ progress.
Changing a Workspace cover image
1. On a Workspace panel, click on the image on the left to change it.
2. This will open a library of copyright-free images. > Click on an image to choose it.
3. Click Save.
Changing the status of a Workspace
1. On the bottom right of a Workspace panel, there is a button that says Draft or Published. > Click on this button to change the status.
2. Then select the new status.
Note: Published means that the Workspace is available for your students to start exploring.
On the right side of My Workspaces, there is a Sort by drop-down menu. It allows you to sort the Workspaces in that category by:
- How recently the Workspace was created
- Alphabetically by title
Above the Workspaces, on the top left, there is an All status drop-down menu. This allows you to filter Workspaces in a category by the status of Published or Draft.
Searching for Workspaces
There is a search bar on the top right. You can search for keywords related to a Workspace in the category you are currently in.
Creating a Workspace
Click the blue + Create button to start creating a new Workspace.
How to use the Workspace label feature
Labels are a great way to keep your Workspaces organized and easy to find. For example, you may want to keep track of Workspaces that include project-based learning (PBL) and be able to find them quickly. Or you may want to label Workspaces as related to “Reading and Writing.”
To add a new label to a Workspace:
1. Click on the Add label button on the bottom of a Workspace panel.
2. Then type the label name and click the blue Create button.
3. The Workspace will now have the label on its panel.
The new label will also appear under the My labels category in the left-side menu. As you add the same label to other Workspaces, they’ll appear in this category as well.
To remove a label from a Workspace:
1. Find the Workspace panel.
2. Click the X on the label.
To delete a label altogether or edit a label:
1. At the top of the list of Workspaces, click Manage labels.
2. Find the label listed at the top in blue.
3. Then click on the trash icon to delete it.
4. Or click on the pencil icon to edit it.
How to archive a Workspace
Another way to keep your Workspace homepage organized is by archiving Workspaces that students have finished.
To archive a Workspace from the homepage:
1. From the My Workspaces page, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of a Workspace panel.
2. Select Archive from the drop-down menu.
3. Click the blue Archive button when the pop-up appears asking if you’re sure.
Note: Students won’t be able to work on archived Workspaces any longer, but an archived Workspace can always be restored and made active again.
To restore an archived Workspace from the homepage:
1. Click on the Archived category on the My Workspaces page.
2. On the Workspace panel, click on the three dots to open the drop-down.
3. Select Restore.
The Workspace will now appear in the Owned by me category.
What happens to a Workspace when a class is archived at the end of the year
After courses end, Hāpara automatically archives your classes. Luckily, you can re-use your Workspaces year after year. These Workspaces will be listed in the Owned by me category after your classes are archived.
We recommend making a copy of an existing Workspace you want to reuse. Once you make a copy, rename it for the upcoming year or semester.
Then archive the Workspace you used with your previous class or classes.
The Discover tab
The Workspace homepage also includes a tab for the Discover page.
This page is where you can search for public Workspaces that teachers across the Hāpara community have shared. You can make a copy of any of these and edit them to suit the learning needs of your students.
Once you make a copy, you can find that Workspace in the Owned by me category on the My Workspaces page.