Workspace Activity Summary and Individual Activity tabs Follow
In this article:
The Activity tabs in Hāpara Workspace give you a window into the progress students are making on assessments. Workspace takes student activity information from Evidence Cards and feeds it into the Activity tabs. This information allows you to gain insights into student progress, provide feedback and manage grading.
The two Activity tabs are:
- Activity Summary tab — provides a bird’s-eye view into all the student activity on Evidence Card assessments
- Individual Activity tab — allows you to view individual students’ progress on Evidence Card assessments
What does each window in the Activity Summary tab show?
In an individual Workspace, you can find the Activity Summary tab at the top in the white bar.
When you click on this tab, you will see four sections that give you an overview of how your students are doing on their formative or summative assessments. These sections help you quickly analyze students’ progress so you can provide feedback. You can also manage assessment grades from this tab.
The sections show student names and any groups they belong to, along with other information related to the specific section.
The Overdue evidence section shows you any assignments that haven’t been submitted by their due date. With this information, you can then follow up with students and check in to find out if they need support or clarification.
By clicking on a heading within this section, you can sort the list by category.
The Learner activity section shows you a list of the students who most recently interacted with an assessment and when they were last active. You can click on the email icon next to the student’s information to quickly send encouraging feedback.
The Submitted evidence section shows you Evidence Card assessments that students have submitted. The assessments in this section have not yet been returned to students as final. This means that you're still working on providing feedback or grading the assessments.
The column on the right allows you to add grades to the submitted evidence. You can add numbers or even short text to the box.
When you click the Grade Sheet button, you’ll be able to access a master grade sheet for the Workspace. It includes all of the assessments and grades from Evidence Cards across the Workspace.
This section also includes three other buttons:
- Open — This will open the student’s assessment file so you can review it and leave feedback.
- Return for edit — This will change the status of the assessment on the student’s Evidence Card in the Workspace; it will show as “Started” again rather than “Submitted.”
- Return final — This will also change the status of the assessment on the student’s Evidence Card; it will now show as “Assessed” and the grade will also appear on the Evidence Card.
The Evidence Activity section shows you the activity on assessments based on how recently you, a co-teacher or a student was actively working on it.
You can also see any grades that have been entered for assessments and sort the activity list by grade.
What does the Individual Activity tab show?
The Individual Activity tab contains a Student Tile for each of your students. These Student Tiles give you a window into the most recent student activity from Evidence Cards in the Workspace.
Each Student Tile will show you:
- The name of the student
- An email icon so you can quickly email feedback to the student
- A list of clickable recent assessments
- The group the card was assigned to (if any)
- The most recent action taken either by a student or a teacher on the assignment:
- Returned for edit
- Returned final
- When the action took place
- The grade on the assessment (if any)
Hover your mouse over an assessment:
If you hover your mouse over the name of an assessment, it will show you a preview. You can also see who owns the file and when it was last updated.
Click on an assessment:
If you click on an assessment, you’ll see buttons appear at the top of the Student Tile. You have the option to:
- Open the assessment
- Return it to the student to make edits
- Return it as final
Activity Summary and Individual Activity tabs classroom strategies
Activity Summary tab
Individual Activity tab
Open assessments to quickly review progress.
Email students by clicking the email icon in their Student Tile.
Open assessments to evaluate them for grading.