How to capture information from browser developer tools Follow
Occasionally, when you experience issues while using Hāpara, our Support team may ask you to capture information from your browser's developer tools. This will help our team better understand what is happening.
To get this information, please following these instructions:
- Navigate to the impacted webpage to the point just before the issue occurs.
- Right click on the browser page, and select Inspect:
- The developer tools window will appear, either as part of your browser, or in a pop up window.
Click on the Console tab, and click the settings cog icon top right to ensure that the Preserve log option is enabled:
- Click on the Network tab and also ensure the Preserve log option on this page is also enabled.
You can also check Capture screenshots which can help capture a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing:
- Now replicate the action that causes the issue you've been experiencing. The Network and Console tabs should capture information occurring in the background as you replicate the issue at hand.
- While on the Network tab, look for network request errors, these are displayed in red:
- Click any of these red network request errors under the Name header, and please capture the request Headers and Response tabs on the right by taking a screenshot of these. If the content for the headers or response tabs is too large to be captured in a screenshot you can alternatively copy and paste this text directly to an email to Hāpara Support.
- Similarly for the Console tab view, look for any red error entries, and take a screenshot of these:
- Impacted email address:
- Link to webpage/URL these logs were collected from:
- Approx date and time these logs were collected:
- Any support reference codes:
- Brief description of issue: