How to remove students from SIS synced classes Follow
Note: If your student is leaving the school, please navigate to the article Managing students leaving the school.
In this article
How to automatically remove students not in uploaded data
If your school uses SIS integration with Hāpara, you may find that classes still contain students who have withdrawn from your school or district. In the Hāpara Admin Console, you may choose to automatically remove students no longer included in the most recent load from class rosters. It can be enabled as a one-off setting for manual Data Loads, or a persistent setting for automated Sync from SIS loads.
Important Note: DO NOT enable this option if:
- You are unsure of how your data sync works.
- You do not include all students with every sync.
- You are doing a partial data load
Once this option is enabled, any students not included in a data load will be removed from the class rosters in Hāpara. As a result teachers will lose visibility into these students' work and students will lose access to Hāpara Workspace and Student Dashboard.
To enable the setting for SIS syncs, take the following steps:
- Go to the Hāpara Admin Console.
- Click Data Loader at the top of the page.
- Click Configure Sync, then Begin Sync Configuration.
- Update your SIS settings if necessary, then click Next.
- Check Load Student, then check Remove every student not listed in the uploaded data (see screenshot).
How to manually remove students from SIS synced classes
To manually remove students from SIS synced classes, please follow these steps:
- Make a CSV file named remove_students.csv.
- On the first row of the CSV file, type the word "email".
- On each subsequent row of the file, list the Google Apps username of one student who should be removed from classes.
- Go to the Data Loader > Load Data from CSV File tab of your Hapara admin console.
- Click Choose File.
- Find and select the your remove_students.csv file.
- Click Upload CSV File for Processing.
- Go to the Data Loader > Status tab of your Hapara admin console.
- Click the top row of the Load History table.
- In the Load Details table below, read the log messages to ensure that students are being removed from their classes.
- To refresh the Load Details table, simply click the corresponding row of the Load History table again.