Teachers and students can be added and removed from Hapara Dashboard in two different ways:
- Manage classes and enrollments via the Hapara Data Loader (Initiated by an admin or SIS sync)
- Enable teachers to manage co-teachers and learners through the Class Info page
This article covers the second option for managing class teachers and rosters.
Note: If teachers or students are added via the Class Info page and a data load is subsequently run, the changes made via the Class Info page will take precedence.
This means that data loads will NOT overwrite changes made on the Class Info page.
This holds for all data loads run using the Data Loader section of the Hapara Admin Console - whether using the Manual, Sync or URL load method.
Teachers can add students and co-teachers to classes from the Class Info page, if enabled by the Hapara Administrator. This is a fantastic way to empower teachers to manage their class enrollments, and lessen the time it takes administrators to manage Hapara.
To add a teacher or student to a class via Class Info:
- The teacher or student must have an existing email on the school domain, and meet these mandatory requirements:
Teacher emails Student emails Must not be a member of td.students Must be loaded by data loader
If create class is enabled:
Must be a member the Teacher Google Group (specified in the Class Management section of Optional Settings in the Admin Console)
Must not be a member the Teachers Google Group
- An administrator must enable the Class Management feature in the Hapara Admin Console:
Hapara Admin Console > Optional Settings > Class Management
These optional settings can be enabled or disabled as often as you need.
A Domain Administrator can add student emails to td.students directly via the Google Admin Console, or to add students in bulk, we recommend a manual load via the Hapara Data Loader:
- Make a student spreadsheet with just one column: Email.
- In that column, list all of your students' email addresses—one student per row.
- Upload that spreadsheet via your Hapara Admin Console.
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about this. Our team would be happy to check your class and student spreadsheets before you load them.