How to stop inappropriate Chrome browser notifications Follow
While the Hāpara Filter is able to provide real-time filtering of most things that occur in the Chrome browser, it is not able to filter Chrome desktop notifications.
If you notice that students are seeing inappropriate notifications, you can disable Chrome notifications in the Google Workspace admin console.
To do this:
- Navigate to the Google Workspace admin console.
- Open the menu by clicking on the three bars in the top left corner.
- Navigate to Devices > Chrome > Settings
- Under User & Browser Settings find the Content section
- Navigate to Notifications and change the setting to Do not allow sites to show desktop notifications
- Click SAVE in the upper right corner