How to filter Google Meet and Zoom webcam feeds and screen sharing with Deledao ActiveScan, presented by Hāpara Follow
In this article:
Filtering live video calls overview
In this era of distance and hybrid learning, video conferencing tools like Meet and Zoom are a powerful way to keep students connected to their teachers and classmates. However, they have also opened up schools to new challenges in keeping kids safe online–if you haven't experienced it in the last year, we're sure you know someone who has been "Zoom bombed".
Deledao ActiveScan, presented
The web filter supports video conference platforms running through internet browsers. It will not support the desktop/mobile apps.
- Google Meet is supported when running inside browsers on supported devices (e.g. Chromebooks, Windows with Deledao ActiveScan, presented by Hāpara proxy agent).
- Zoom is supported when running on the Chrome browser as a web client on Chromebooks.
The Zoom app on Chromebooks and other devices is not supported.
How to enable video conferencing filtering
To enable the AI Analysis of Video Conferencing feature:
- Log into the web filter admin console.
- Go to Policy Manager and select a rule.
- Under Real-time video analysis, toggle Analyze video conferencing to Enabled.
Note: for devices with slower CPUs, this feature may slightly affect the device's running performance. Please try it on some devices before enabling it for all students.