Deployment prerequisite - configuring the Hāpara Filter Admin Console Follow
In this article:
Before you can deploy the Hāpara Filter to student devices, you will need to configure your Hāpara Filter Admin Console for your domain.
This configuration ensures the filter can start working as soon as it is deployed to student devices.
Please note that if simultaneously using other filters, you may need to add deledao.com and deledao.net into the filter/firewall's allowed traffic.
Set up your school/district
The first step is to set up your school/district in the Hāpara Filter Admin Console.
- Log in to https://hapara.deledao.com
- Go to Configuration tab located at the top and add your school name and time zone.
You will then need to determine which types of devices you are deploying the Filter to, and where your users are coming from.
- In the Configuration tab of the Admin Console, navigate to the Identity Provider tab on the left hand side
- Select Google Workspace for deployment to Chrome OS.
- Select Office 365 or Google Workspace for deployment to Mac OS.
- Select Office 365 or Google Workspace for deployment to Windows OS.
- Add the account you would like to extract users from.
- You can further customize your configuration by setting the frequency of your directory sync as well as restricting logins to specific domains/subdomains.
Setting a default rule
The Default Rule is the baseline rule for your domain. You can add additional rules that apply for specific OUs, times of day and IP addresses, but you must first have a default rule. The Default Rule is the rule that will be applied when all other rules fail to be applied.
To set your default rule,
- Navigate to the Policy Manager tab located at the top of your Hāpara Filter Admin console to customize the rule you would like to deploy to devices in your domain.
- You will first see the Default Rule - this is the rule that will be duplicated whenever you create a new rule.
- Make any changes you need to the default rule by updating the policies, changing the sensitivities, or adding websites to the block/allowed lists.
- Press Save in the upper right corner to apply any changes made to the rule.
If you create additional rules:
- The rule that is listed at the top is the rule that will be applied. If the first rule fails, the next applicable rule in the list will be applied. When all rules fail to apply, the Default Rule will take effect.
- To change the rule order, click on a rule and select the toggle/move arrow icon that will appear on the right side of the selected rule. The Default Rule's location cannot be toggled.