How to deploy the Hāpara Filter extension to Chromebooks Follow
In this article:
Configuring the Hāpara Filter Admin Console
Before you can deploy the Hāpara Filter to Chromebooks, you will need to complete the prerequisite steps outlined in this article.
If you are using a firewall or any other filtering products, you will need to configure them to allow traffic to and from *.deledao.com and *.deledao.net.
Configuring the Google Workspace admin console
You can easily deploy the Hāpara Filter to Chromebooks via the Google Workspace Admin Console. Just follow these steps:
- Log into the Google Workspace Admin Console at https://admin.google.com as an administrator.
- Select the menu at the top-left corner. Click on Devices > Chrome.
- Select Apps & extensions on the next screen.
- Select the OU to deploy the extension to on the left.
- Then, click the yellow plus sign at the bottom right corner and select the second icon from the top.
- You will see the following pop up.
- Select From a custom URL in the drop down.
- You should have received the Extension ID and URL required to activate Hāpara's filters from your Hāpara Regional Sales Manager. If you have not, please email email@example.com to request these items. We will get back to you shortly after confirming your school's registration ID.
- Enter the ID and URL given to you by Hāpara.
- Click SAVE.
- Change installation policy to Force install for the Hāpara Filter extension whose ID is “feah…”.
- Click SAVE button located in the top right of the screen.
That’s it! Within a few minutes, the extension will be installed onto your Chromebooks.
You can check that it was successfully deployed by logging into a Chromebook and looking for the Hāpara Filter icon in your extensions toolbar.
To test the Hāpara Filters, we recommended disabling other filtering software to see how Hāpara's filters are working. If using Securly simultaneously, Hāpara's filters will act as the last line of defense.