How to deploy the Deledao ActiveScan, presented by Hāpara extension to Chromebooks Follow
In this article:
- Configuring the web filter admin console
- Configuring the Google Workspace Admin Console
- Filtering Google Docs
Configuring the Deledao ActiveScan, presented
by Hāpara Admin Console
Before you can deploy the web filter to Chromebooks, you will need to complete the prerequisite steps outlined in this article.
If you are using a firewall or any other web filtering products, you will need to configure them to allow traffic to and from *.deledao.com and *.deledao.net.
Configuring the Google Workspace admin console
You can easily deploy the web filter to Chromebooks via the Google Workspace Admin Console. Just follow these steps:
- Log into the Google Workspace Admin Console at https://admin.google.com as an administrator.
- Select the menu at the top-left corner. Click on Devices > Chrome > Apps and extensions.
- Then, click the yellow plus sign at the bottom right corner and select the second icon from the top.
- You will see the following pop-up.
- Select From a custom URL in the drop down.
- You should have received the Extension ID and URL required to activate the web filters from your Hāpara Regional Sales Manager. If you have not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request these items. We will get back to you shortly after confirming your school's registration ID.
- Enter the ID and URL given to you by Hāpara.
- Click SAVE.
- Change installation policy to Force install for the web filter extension whose ID is “feah…”.
- Click SAVE button located in the top right of the screen.
That’s it! Within a few minutes, the extension will be installed onto your Chromebooks.
You can check that it was successfully deployed by logging into a Chromebook and looking for the web filter icon in your extensions toolbar.
To test the web filter, we recommended disabling other filtering software to see how Deledao ActiveScan, presented
Filtering Google Docs
To filter content in Google Docs with the web filter, you must enable Drive SDK API and allow Deledao to access Google Drive data.
Enable Drive SDK API
- Log into admin.google.com.
Go to Apps > Google Workspace > Settings for Drive and Docs > Features and Applications.
3. Select Drive SDK and click Edit.
4. Select the option Allow users to access Google Drive with the Drive SDK API.
5. Click Save.
Grant Deledao ActiveScan, presented
by Hāpara access to Google Drive Data
1. Go to Security > Access and data control > API Controls and open Domain-wide Delegation.
2. Click Add New. Enter the following:
- In the Client ID field enter 102414137000641598412
- In the Scope field enter https://www.googleapis.com/auth/documents.readonly and https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.readonly