Content filtering for managed Chrome on Windows devices Follow
In this article:
There are two ways to filter content for Windows devices – via Google Workspace and the Chrome extension or via the content filtering proxy.
Chrome on Windows should only rely on either the extension or the proxy for content filtering, not both.
You will need to configure either Chrome or the Filter to ensure only one method of filtering is being used.
Content filtering using extension
If you would like to filter Chrome using the Hāpara Filter extension, you will need to configure Chrome to avoid using a proxy on Windows. This can be achieved in the Google Workspace admin console by doing the following:
- Go to Devices -> Chrome -> Settings.
- Find the section Network, then change Proxy mode to Never use a proxy.
- Restart Chrome to get the new policy.
Content filtering using proxy
If you choose to use the proxy as the content filter for Chrome, the extension should be set to stop filtering within Chrome, which can be done through Hāpara Filter admin console:
- Log into hapara.deledao.com.
- Go to Configuration -> Global Settings.
- Enable the option “Use Chrome extension to filter Chromebooks only”.
- Go to https://static.deledao.com/mobile/diag.html, click “Refresh Policy”.