There’s a lot going on at the beginning of a new school year, and we want to make sure that you and your staff head back to school on the right foot! To do this, we’ve put together a few announcements, reminders and suggestions that will ensure you are up and running before students walk through the school doors.
Wrapping up from last school year
At this point, the Hapara Support team has processed and archived all of your student data from last year, cleaned up your Dashboard and removed last year’s classes. We have just a few post-archiving reminders:
- Previously synced Google Classroom classes are archived by Hapara.
- After archiving, teachers arriving back to school will not have access to Hapara Dashboard and Highlights until your new data is loaded. If your teachers are using Hapara Workspace, they can always access their Workspaces by going straight into https://workspace.teacherdashboard.com.
- If you are using Google Cloud Directory Sync, make sure the GCDS exclusions have been updated (Year Suffix). And if you’re using a firewall, check that the following Hapara URLs have been whitelisted.
- Make sure that the Hapara Marketplace app is still being granted OAuth Access.
If you have any questions about archiving, please contact the Hapara Support Team.
A quick data loading checklist
We’ve put together a quick checklist to make sure loading your data for the new school year goes smoothly.
Note: If you’ve made any changes to your student domain(s), please contact the Hapara Implementation team. We’ll need to create a new instance. If you’ve changed to a new teacher domain, you will only need to add the new teacher domain to “Alternative Logins” in the Hapara Admin Console.
- Make sure the Hapara Marketplace app has been re-granted.
- Check that your Super Admin Access Grant for Hapara is still valid by going to https://td-admin.appspot.com/((domain))?page=apps and granting access.
- If your school/district is planning to use SIS/SMS integration (Clever, PowerSchool, RICone, Classlink RosterServer or Kamar) or cURL scripting, please make sure your new school year schedules are up to date before syncing the data into Hapara. It’s a good practice to run a test extraction to check what will be loaded into Hapara before you click “Sync Classes Now”.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help or more info if needed.
Features and functions for back to school
Check out what’s new! We’ve made a few changes that will make managing and teaching with Hapara easier for everyone.
- Delete Classes for Admins - With this functionality, administrators will be able to search for a class and have the ability to remove the class from Hapara.
- Support Button for Focused Browsing Errors - This allows teachers to raise a ticket to the Hapara support team (with all of the information we need to get it fixed quickly!) if Focused Browsing does not work for a student.
- Troubleshooting Share Files (Smart-Share) - We have made some improvements to make Share Files (Smartshare) even more powerful.
- Team Drive is now available on File Picker - If your school or district is using Team Drive, teachers will have the ability to use it to share documents through Smart Share and Workspace.
- Single Sign-On Whitelisting is now available for Administrators - Certain sites that teachers may use with learners may require additional sign-on by whitelisting the domains the teachers will no longer need to specify the login pages of the domains when using Focused Session (Focused Browsing)
- Guide Browsing - Alongside Focused Session (Focused Browsing) we now have added Filtered Sessions within Hapara Highlights. This new functionality will allow teachers to filter certain websites from learners for a period of time.
- Pause Screens - Alongside Focused Session (Focused Browsing) we now have added Paused Screens into our long list of functionalities available to teachers.
Want to stay up to date all year long? We also recommend adding email@example.com to your approved address list for teachers in your domain. We regularly send updates and resources to teachers and admins, and this is the best way to make sure everyone is in the know on all things Hapara!