Heading back to school with Hāpara (2020) Follow
There’s a lot going on at the beginning of a new school year, and we want to make sure that you and your staff head back to school on the right foot! To do this, we’ve put together a few announcements, reminders and suggestions that will ensure you are up and running before students walk through the school doors.
In this article
Wrapping up from last school year
At this point, the Hāpara Support team has processed and archived all of your student data from last year, cleaned up your Dashboard and removed last year’s classes. We have just a few post-archiving reminders:
- Previously synced Google Classroom classes are archived by Hāpara.
- After archiving, teachers arriving back to school will not have access to Hāpara Dashboard and Highlights until your new data is loaded. If your teachers are using Hāpara Workspace, they can always access their Workspaces by going straight into https://workspace.teacherdashboard.com.
- If you are using Google Cloud Directory Sync, make sure the GCDS exclusions have been updated (Year Suffix). And if you’re using a firewall, check that the following Hapara URLs have been whitelisted.
- Make sure that the Hapara Marketplace app is still being granted OAuth Access.
If you have any questions about archiving, please contact the Hāpara Support team.
A quick data loading checklist
We’ve put together a quick checklist to make sure loading your data for the new school year goes smoothly.
Note: If you’ve made any changes to your student domain(s), please contact the Hāpara Implementation team. We’ll need to create a new instance. If you’ve changed to a new teacher domain, you will only need to add the new teacher domain to “Alternative Logins” in the Hāpara Admin Console.
- Make sure the Hāpara Marketplace app has been re-granted.
- Check that your Super Admin Access Grant for Hāpara is still valid by going to https://td-admin.appspot.com/((domain))?page=apps and granting access.
- If your school/district is planning to use SIS/SMS integration (Clever, PowerSchool, RICone or Classlink RosterServer) or cURL scripting, please make sure your new school year schedules are up to date before syncing the data into Hāpara. It’s a good practice to run a test extraction to check what will be loaded into Hāpara before you click “Sync Classes Now”.
Feel free to contact email@example.com for help or more info if needed.
Hāpara updates for back to school
Check out what’s new! We’ve made a few changes to Hāpara in the last few months that will make managing digital learning easier – so no matter what school looks like this year, teachers and students have the tools that they need to be successful.
- The new Hāpara Student Dashboard is now available to all Hāpara schools. The Student Dashboard is a one-stop-shop for your students to access all of their digital learning from Hāpara Workspace, Google Classroom, Gmail and Drive. They have an easy to navigate To Do list of all of their assignments, as well as a single place to view teacher notifications like new assignments, emails, grades and class announcements. Learn more about Student Dashboard here.
- We've made several major updates to Hāpara Workspace including:
- A revamped homepage with:
- new filters for finding current Workspaces
- the ability to add labels to Workspaces to create a custom organization system
- the option to add cover images to personalize Workspaces
- a new progress panel in which teachers can see student progress on evidence cards right from the homepage
- The new Discover page makes it easy for teachers to find existing Workspaces, so they don't have to start from scratch when creating digital lessons!
- A revamped homepage with:
Coming soon! We're not done yet with our back to school updates - coming in the next few weeks your teachers will see:
- The option to search by standards on the Workspace Discover page
- A new grading tool that allows teachers to give grades and feedback on submitted evidence, directly from students' documents!
Want to stay up to date all year long? We also recommend adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved address list for teachers in your domain. We regularly send updates and resources to teachers and admins, and this is the best way to make sure everyone is in the know on all things Hāpara!