During the setup of Hapara, the Google Marketplace Application Hapara Teacher Dashboard was installed on your domain. This enables Hapara to operate on your domain, working with Google applications such as Google Groups, Drive and Sites on your domain.
In order to provide new functionality in the future, we are planning to expand the list of Google applications that we work with. To enable this, we have added new API scopes to the Hapara Teacher Dashboard application, which includes the following:
- Manage your Google Classroom classes
- Manage your course work and view your grades in Google Classroom
- Manage course work and grades for students in the Google Classroom classes you teach and view the course work and grades for classes you administer
- View the email addresses of people in your classes
- View the profile photos of people in your classes
- Manage your Google Classroom class rosters
To enable this, we require you to re-authorize our application on your domain. Please take the following steps:
- Log into Google as a domain super-administrator.
- Browse to the Google Apps Admin Console (admin.google.com), and navigate to Apps => Marketplace apps.
- Click into the “Hapara Teacher Dashboard” application.
- It should now display the settings page for the application. In the “Data access” section, it should display “Approval Needed”. If it does not display “Approval Needed”, then you have already granted the required permission (this is likely to happen if you have installed the application into your domain very recently) - no further action is required.
- Click into the “Data access” section, then click into the “Grant data access” link.
If you do not do this, then your teachers and learners will not be able to utilise the new features to do with these Google applications when they are released.