Block Apps or Extensions
Some Apps and Extensions can prevent Highlights visibility. Hapara strongly recommends blocking the following extensions:
- Chrome Apps and Extensions Developer Tool
- IChrome Tab
- ChromeVox - Alternatively, you can navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > User Settings and select "Turn off accessibility settings on sign-in screen upon logout"
Apps and Extensions can be blocked with either a blacklist (allow all except a list of specific apps/extensions) or whitelist (block all except a list of specific apps/extensions).
This is managed under:
admin.google.com > Device Management > Chrome Management > User Settings > Apps and Extensions>Allow or Block All Apps and Extensions
Once the blacklist is enabled (see above) apps can be blacklisted by following the steps below:
1. At Allowed Apps and Extensions and click Manage
2. Click Chrome Web Store
3. Search for the app you'd like to blacklist, by name:
4. Choose to Add the Chrome Apps and Extensions Developer Tool
5. Click Save
The number of "blocked" apps or extensions should have incremented.
6. Be sure to SAVE CHANGES in the lower right-hand corner.
|◀ Step 2||◉ ◉ ◉ ◯ ◯||Step 4 ▶|
|Highlights Installation Guide|
|1. Setting G Suite for Education Policies (Viewing)||6. Shared Device Best Practices (Optional) →
|2. Pushing Out the Student Extension →||7. Privacy: Time/IP Restrictions →
|3. Verifying Student Extension Connectivity →||8. Enabling Highlights →
|4. Network Access/Whitelisting →||9. Highlights Browser Compatibility →|
|5. G Suite for Education Device Settings (Option) →|