Highlights IP Restriction
You must constrain Highlights to function on your school network (or networks). Once this is done, the extension will only be active on students profiles when they are on the specified school networks. When on other networks the extension will not provide details of student activity in the Chrome browser.
Highlights IP Restrictions are set up in your Hāpara Admin Console as follows:
- Log in to your Hāpara Admin Console.
- Go to Modules > Highlights.
- Scroll down to Highlights IP Restriction.
- Click Add IP / Network.
- Enter the IP address or range of addresses that your students' devices will use to browse the Web. Your IP Address range must be specified from the perspective of the public internet. To find this address, visit www.whatismyip.com.
- To add more IP addresses or ranges, click Add IP / Network again.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
** For more about how to specify an IP address range, see the following step.
|◀ Step 1||◉ ◉ ◉ ◯ ◯||Step 3 ▶|
|Highlights Installation Guide|
|1. Setting G Suite for Education policies →||6. Shared device best practices (optional) →
|2. Pushing out the student extension →||7. Privacy: time/IP restrictions (viewing)
|3. Verifying student extension connectivity →||8. Enabling Highlights →
|4. Network access/whitelisting →||9. Highlights browser compatibility →|
|5. G Suite for Education device settings (optional) →|