Block apps or extensions (best practices)
Some apps and extensions can prevent Highlights visibility. Hāpara strongly recommends blocking the following extensions to prevent student workarounds:
- Chrome Apps and Extensions Developer Tool
- IChrome Tab
- ChromeVox - Alternatively, you can navigate to Devices > Chrome Management > User & browser settings and select "Turn off accessibility settings on the sign-in screen upon logout"
This is managed under:
admin.google.com > Devices > Chrome Management > Apps & extensions
Apps can be blacklisted by following the steps below:
1. Click the yellow circle and select Chrome Web Store
2. Search for the app you'd like to blacklist, by name:
3. Choose to Select the Chrome Apps and Extensions Developer Tool
4. Set the extension option to 'Block'.
5. Be sure to click SAVE in the upper right-hand corner.
|◀ Step 1||◉ ◉ ◯||Step 3 ▶|
|Highlights Installation Guide|
|1. Setting G Suite for Education policies (viewing)||6. Shared device best practices (optional) →
|2. Pushing out the student extension →||7. Privacy: time/IP restrictions →
|3. Verifying student extension connectivity →||8. Enabling Highlights →
|4. Network access/whitelisting →||9. Highlights browser compatibility →|
|5. G Suite for Education device settings (optional) →|