Block Apps or Extensions
Some Apps and Extensions can prevent Highlights visibility. Hapara strongly recommends blocking the following extensions to prevent student workarounds:
- Chrome Apps and Extensions Developer Tool
- IChrome Tab
- ChromeVox - Alternatively, you can navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > User Settings and select "Turn off accessibility settings on the sign-in screen upon logout"
This is managed under:
admin.google.com > Device Management > Chrome Management > User & browser settings
Apps can be blacklisted by following the steps below:
1. At Apps and Extensions and click apps & extensions page
2. Click the yellow circle and select Chrome Web Store
3. Search for the app you'd like to blacklist, by name:
4. Choose to Select the Chrome Apps and Extensions Developer Tool
5. Set the extension option to 'Block'.
6. Be sure to SAVE CHANGES in the upper right-hand corner.
|◀ Step 1||◉ ◉ ◯ ◯||Step 3 ▶|
|Highlights Installation Guide|
|1. Setting G Suite for Education Policies (Viewing)||6. Shared Device Best Practices (Optional) →
|2. Pushing Out the Student Extension →||7. Privacy: Time/IP Restrictions →
|3. Verifying Student Extension Connectivity →||8. Enabling Highlights →
|4. Network Access/Whitelisting →||9. Highlights Browser Compatibility →|
|5. G Suite for Education Device Settings (Optional) →|