Quick tip: Hapara Highlights has a self-diagnostic check that is run from a student device, and can resolve some commonly experienced issues, including blank student panels.
What causes blank student panels?
Sometimes Highlights can not "see" the activity of a student who is part of the class and shows a "blank" student panel - without any sites, documents or URLs:
The blank student panel displays one of these message:
- School is finished for the day. Highlights has been configured to work only during the standard school hours and only Monday to Friday, and it is currently outside those hours.
- Student is outside school network. Highlights has been configured to work only when the student is connected to the school network, and he or she is not connected to the school network.
- Student is not currently browsing the internet. The student's browser does not have any tabs open or only has blank tabs open.
- Student is offline.
There are several possible causes of Student is offline including:
- The student is not at school
- The student does not have their device switched on
- The student is not connected to the school network
- The student is not logged into Chrome book or browser using their school email address
- The Highlights extension is not installed in the student's Chrome browser