Hapara Highlights Overview Follow
Hapara Highlights helps teachers see what learners are doing in Chrome in near-real-time. Positive feedback mechanisms allow teachers to reinforce positive learning behaviors. Remote browser tab opening and closing capabilities allow teachers to re-focus learners on the task at hand. Hapara Highlights was designed to support a classroom management style that fosters the growth of self-aware, independent, 21st century digital citizens. Hapara Highlights intentionally avoids more restrictive control of the learner experience.
To find out more about Hapara Highlights:
Highlights has some powerful features:
|Real-time activity feeds||Highlights automatic activity refresh is configurable: from near-real-time feeds to infrequent feeds|
|Focused browsing||Restrict learners to specific websites or URLs for a set period of time|
|Multiple tab opening||Open up to 5 tabs at a time for your learners|
|Send message||Send a message to learners and have it pop up in their browser|
|Flexibility of use||Focused Browsing, Open Tabs and Send Message can be applied to one or several learners, groups, or the entire class|
|Activity Viewer||See a summary of your entire class activity at a glance|
|Snaps||Record learner browsing activity (meta data and screenshot) at any point in time to explore at a later stage|
|Close tabs||Close tabs remotely from your screen|
|Save screenshot||Download and save a screenshot of learner activity directly from the Current Screens view|
|Groups & group filtering||Create and edit groups directly from Highlights. You can also filter Highlights to only view specific group activities|
|Pause Screens||Pause Screens|
HIGHLIGHTS HAS POWERFUL SUPPORT FEATURES
- Improved diagnostics. Teachers and Admins can accurately diagnose the learner's activity with more detailed information on the learner's current state. You can flag individual learners with connectivity issues by simply clicking on the learner panels.
- In-product support. In-product support includes tool tips when you hover over Highlights feature icons as well as multiple ways of allowing you to directly raise an issue with Hapara’s Customer Support team
- Connectivity issue notification. Notification and priority sorting for learner panels where learner's online activity cannot be seen
- Built-in learner viewing issue resolution. Ability to identify and solve viewing issues when a learner is logged in to several devices at a time, and also when several learners are logged onto the same device.
- Bandwidth configurability. Ability for your System Administrator to configure elements of Hapara Highlights in order to reduce the network bandwidth usage.
HOW TO USE HAPARA HIGHLIGHTS
Hapara Highlights went into General Release on 18 Jan, 2016.