What's New in Workspace
- You can now see a view of Workspace activity on a learner-by-learner basis by clicking on the new “Individual Activity” tab. This will show each learner’s activity on evidence within the Workspace. We’d love your feedback on this new feature - please use the feedback form at the bottom of the page to send us your thoughts.
- Workspace has been added to the Chrome Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hapara-workspace/hghnlpefbabgindccaolkmffplfhdamo
Bug Fixes and Other Changes
- Learners were able to click and see the icons on teacher-created cards, even though doing so wouldn't change the icon on the card. This is updated so that icons on teacher-created cards are not clickable for learners.
- The "My Drive" file picker for learners in Workspace was only showing folders owned by students. This prevented them from adding evidence from the Hapara created subject folders. This has now been fixed.
- When you come to Workspace we show a screen with a link to the user guide and a Workspace video with a “Got it, thanks. Don’t show me this again” link. This link relied on cookies to ensure the screen didn’t show again if you did not want to see it - unfortunately this is unreliable and the message kept coming up. We’ve made a change to make this more obedient.
- If you leave your browser open overnight and then in the morning try to start a card without refreshing the page first you would get the error "user not authorized". This has been fixed.
- There was an issue impacting learners from split domains who were working collaboratively on group documents. Learners were no longer able to open evidence card documents after they’d been assessed and returned, this has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where evidence wouldn’t copy to the Workspace folder if you had deleted the Workspace folder previously.
- We made a small improvement to fix an error being received by customers using Internet Explorer.