Note: The new version of Google Sites does not provide API (programmatic) access so no integration is possible at the moment. Google has indicated this may be fixed in the future, at which point we will provide appropriate support.
Hapara Dashboard can show recent activity in students' Google Sites, which are often used as e-portfolios or student project sites.
When added to class in Hapara Dashboard, student Google Site activity will appear alongside a class's subject folders in a new dashboard tab.
Google Sites in Hapara Dashboard
Depending on how your Hapara Administrator has configured Google Sites for your class, the Google Sites dashboard may display:
- Activity in new student Google Sites that Hapara Dashboard automatically creates based on a template Google Site.
- Activity in any Google Site that a student can edit.
- Activity in a single existing Google Site with a URLs that match a prefix specified for your class.
Each student panel in the Google Sites dashboard view shows:
- Page: Title of the page or post activity, and whether existing content has been edited, or a new page or post created.
- Modified by: The activity's author. Names will only be shown when someone other than the student makes the activity.
- Date: When the activity occurred.
Setting Up Student Google Sites
To learn more about how Google Sites can be used in your class, how to set up a template site for your students, or how to set up sites in Hapara Dashboard, please see Setting Up Student Sites in Hapara Dashboard.