In this article:
- Known problems caused by Chrome browser extensions
- Troubleshooting issues caused by Chrome browser extensions
- Disabling pop-up blockers
Known problems with Chrome browser extensions
The following Chrome browser extensions are known to cause problems with Hāpara:
- Search All by diigo.com: makes the search field disappear.
If you have this extension enabled, go into the Chrome menu, select Tools > Extensions, and then un-check the Enabled checkbox to disable it.
Troubleshooting issues caused by Chrome browser extensions
Other Chrome extensions can prevent parts of Hāpara from working properly. For example, these features are known to be affected by some browser extensions:
- The Google Drive file picker in Smart Share.
- The document search field at the top right corner of the Dashboard tab.
- The number-of-items dropdown menu in the top right corner of the Dashboard tab.
If a feature in Hāpara is not working for you, please try the following:
- Open Dashboard in a Chrome incognito window, which will disable all browser extensions by default. Note: some extensions can be enabled even in incognito windows – check your Extensions page to make sure extensions are disabled in incognito.
- If the feature works, go back to a normal browser window, disable all extensions, and try Teacher Dashboard again. To disable extensions, go into the Chrome menu, select Tools > Extensions, and then un-check the Enabled checkbox for each extension listed.
- If the feature still works, then one of your extensions stopped the feature from working. Please re-enable your extensions one at a time to identify which one is causing the problem.
- If you identify an extension that keeps Hāpara from working, please let us know so that we can add it to the list below.
Disable pop-up blockers
Hāpara opens pop-up windows to display various items. For example, the Gmail viewer uses pop-up windows to open student emails. This will not work if you have pop-ups blocked in your browser.
Hāpara works best in Google Chrome. Read the Chrome support article to learn how to disable pop-ups.
Below are links to pages describing how to manage pop-ups for other browsers: