Deledao ActiveScan, presented by Hāpara: iPad deployment Follow
In this article:
Before you deploy the web filter to your iPads, please complete the steps in the article: Configuring the web filter admin console.
iPad deployment options
There are two options for deploying the web filter to district or school-managed iPads. Please review the features of each option to determine which will work best for your environment. These options are:
- Cloud Proxy
Domain Name System (DNS) filtering allows users to access websites using domain names and to block access to selected websites.
- PAC URL, points iPad traffic to Deledao
- Uses a domain-based filtering solution with no ability to filter in real-time through AI.
- Configured via Mobile Device Management - We typically schedule a time to work with you on this type of setup.
- Detailed DNS configuration instructions are found on the web filter admin console > Deployment.
Cloud Proxy prerequisites
- The school's public-facing IP address(es) need to be provided. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can register them to your domain. Currently, the Cloud Proxy solution is only available to filter on-campus traffic.
- Mobile Device Management needs to define mappings between users and devices so that a user can be identified when a profile is pushed to a device.
- The Firewall outgoing port range 20,000 - 23,000 needs to be opened to allow traffic to our proxy servers.
- Push out a Deledao certificate through MDM. The certificate can be downloaded at https://cdn.deledao.net/download/proxy/cert/deledao.com.cer
- Push out a PAC URL through MDM. Since MDMs have different requirements on the PAC URL format, please reach out to email@example.com by telling us the MDM solution, and we will provide the PAC URL.
- Allows real-time filtering through AI scanning of text, images and video
- Web traffic within any browser will be filtered. However, iPad apps will not be filtered (eg. YouTube).
- This is one of the more advanced filtering options and is configured via Mobile Device Management to push a PAC URL that uses a cloud proxy for filtering. We typically schedule a time to work with you on this type of setup.
- iPads are assigned to users via Mobile Device Management, therefore students do not need to sign into the browser.
- Detailed proxy information can be found in the Proxy installation/PAC file deployment - Mac support article.