- How do I let non-Google-admin users initiate data loads?
- How do I archive classes?
- What do I need to do to prepare for a new school year?
- How do I configure Google Apps Directory Sync for Hapara Dashboard?
- The classes/students load didn't work. What happened?
Add the user to your td.administrators group (or its equivalent, if the name is different). This will let the user access Hapara Admin Console and initiate data loads. Due to caching, there may be some delay before the user can access the Hapara Admin Console.
Please refer to our Archiving article for all information about Archiving.
Hapara Dashboard is fully compatible with GCDS and will not interfere with student account creation, suspension or deletion, and is not impacted by changes to group membership for directory-services-managed groups.
If GCDS is configured to delete unknown user accounts (default configuration), the school.apps.owner account created by Hapara Dashboard (or the local equivalent, if the name was changed) should be excluded from the sync through an exclusion rule or added to your directory services.
If GCDS is configured to delete unknown groups (default configuration), please ensure that two exclusion rules are added:
- Ignore groups starting with "td."—these are "housekeeping" groups used by Hapara Dashboard.
- Ignore groups that contain your academic year suffix "-1415" (or whatever you choose as your suffix). These are the class groups created and managed by Hapara Dashboard.
For full detailed instructions on how to setup GCDS exceptions, please see our GCDS article.
Check error messages in the Data load:
- Browse to Hapara Admin Console > Data Loader > Status.
- In the Load History table, find the row of the load in question.
- Click "View Details" to see details of the load including error messages.
- If there are errors with the load, then they should appear as error or warning messages.
- Check and resolve these errors as per our Data Loader Error Messages article