Hāpara technical setup guide: Student Dashboard Digital Backpack Follow
In this article:
Welcome to Hāpara! Please complete the following steps in order to set up your school or district with Student Dashboard Digital Backpack.
Google Workspace for Education settings
To begin, log into your school domain Google Admin Console as the super administrator to configure the settings in the steps below.
1. Install the Hāpara Marketplace app for Student Dashboard Digital Backpack
1. Navigate to the Hāpara Marketplace app.
2. When Hāpara appears, click the blue Install button.
3. A Get ready to install window will appear. Click Continue.
4. You will be asked to give Teacher Dashboard access to your domain’s data. After reading our terms of service, tick the checkbox and click Accept.
Note: If teacher and student accounts are in different Google Workspace domains, then you must complete the steps listed above for each teacher and student domain.
6. Once installed, click into the app and check that Data Access is ‘Granted’ (the text will be green).
7. Then, once the app is enabled, it must be turned On for everyone.
2. Add URL allowed listings
We recommend that your school network technician complete this step.
1. Add the URLs listed below to the allowed listings for any firewall, antivirus or web content filtering software enabled on your teacher network to ensure Hāpara functions without issue.
2. While attempting to access Hāpara, if you experience any connectivity issues from inside the school network which are not occurring outside the network, it may indicate local network traffic filtering is in place.
3. Create Resource Manager Google Group
1. Create a new Google Group hapara.resource.mgrs in your student domain.
2. If your domain uses GCDS - Google Cloud Directory Sync, you must set up a few exclusion rules to prevent crucial groups and users from being deleted.
3. Refer to this support article for more information regarding these exclusion rules.
4. Create a demo account
Hāpara needs to be able to:
- Verify that the resources were copied over to your library
- Assist with future uploads should you need support
1. Create a demo account in your student domain.
2. Add the account to the hapara.resource.mgs group.
3. Send the login credentials to your Engagement Manager.